On Sunday, August 21, 2016, we celebrated the 120th Anniversary of the Parish. From a small gathering of families in 1896, through many periods of growth and decline, All Saints Anglican held a celebration of thanksgiving for our currently flourishing parish.
Guest preacher, The Venerable G. Douglas Fenton spoke about our calling as God's own people that have been transformed by Jesus' real presence in our lives. Dr. Fenton, our priest, Rev. David Price, the Readers and the Wardens led the congregation in a service of re- commemorating baptism, the sacraments, the reading of the Word, the Prayers of the People and the Eucharist. Sandra Bower, musician, who developed the Souvenir Worship Booklet, used the verses of the hymn, 'Lord you gave the great commission', (CP433) to enhance each of these dedications. This meaningful service of Thanksgiving echoed the joy and praise of the people.
At the end of the service, Dr. Fenton dedicated and blessed our newly installed bell in the garden in front of the church. The All Saints Working Persons Group installed a concrete pad, had a steel frame built and engineered the display of the bell. This bell had not been in use for sixteen years and now can be rung for special occasions of the church.
A reception, in the form of a birthday party, followed the service.